...the thing we do instead of the things we're supposed to do...

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Minutemen - The Punch Line

Boon & Watt, L.A., 1984

I remember how excited I was when I found a slightly watered damaged copy of The Punch Line on CD in the now-defunct CMart in Forest Hill back in 1995. There's an excitement that I've been missing a lot over the past five years in discovering something brand new. My roommate and I were talking last night about going out on Tuesdays and getting knocked out by a band you've never heard before. I'd say it's a function of getting older, but it doesn't ring quite as true as I'd hope. I want desperately to have that nervous, right-before-the-first-kiss feeling again, the way I did the first time I heard Out of Step or A Love Supreme or The Punch Line.

I don't know what else to say about this, other than the Minutemen have always been one of those bands I'd want to emulate if I were in a band. There is no bullshit here; just the sound of D Boon, Mike Watt & George Hurley getting to the point. It fucks me up knowing that a lot of younger folks have missed out on this (and other SST back catalog) due to Ginn's mismanagement of the catalog. I have loved this band for a long time, but still choose this as my sentimental favorite.

"...I'm already on someone's list as a casualty..."










Minutemen - The Punch Line
(click the record to DL)

RIYL: one liners, fucking corndogs

4 comments:

Brushback said...

Good point.

smallawei said...

情人節|情趣商品,情色文學,嘟嘟,情色網,情趣商店,

G點,按摩棒,轉珠按摩棒,變頻跳蛋,跳蛋,無線跳蛋,

飛機杯,男用強精長軟質套,男用強精短軟質套,充氣娃娃,男性性感內褲,性感內褲,
自慰套,自慰套,情趣娃娃,自慰器,電動自慰器,充氣娃娃,
角色扮演,角色扮演服,

性感睡衣,情趣睡衣,性感內衣褲,性感內衣,內衣,性感內褲,C字褲,內褲,
性感貓裝,性感睡衣,貓裝,吊帶襪,情趣內褲,丁字褲,SM道具,SM,

震動環,潤滑液,情趣禮物,情趣玩具,威而柔,精油,逼真按摩棒,數位按摩棒,

情趣,情趣用品,巴黎,

sourabh gupta said...

packers and movers visakhapatnam
packers and movers vijayawada
packers and movers delhi
packers and movers faridabad
packers and movers ghaziabad
packers and movers in Lucknow
packers and movers Lucknow
packers and movers patna
packers and movers bangalore
packers and movers chennai
packers and movers coimbatore
packers and movers madurai
packers and movers pondicherry
packers and movers trivandrum
packers and movers ahmedabad
packers and movers jamnagar
packers and movers bhavnagar
packers and movers surat
packers and movers rajkot
packers and movers vadodara
packers and movers vapi
packers and movers karur
packers and movers salem
packers and movers trichy
packers and movers dindigul

كشف تسربات المياه said...

http://www.tasrobat.com/index.html
كشف تسربات المياه
افضل شركه كشف تسربات
شركه كشف تسربات
شركات كشف تسربات المياه
تسرب المياة
كشف تسربات
كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
افضل شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض عماله فلبينيه
شركه عزل مائى بالرياض
عزل مائى
شركه عزل خزانات بالرياض
عزل الاسطح
عزل خزانات
شركه عزل اسطح بالرياض
نقل اثاث بالرياض
نقل عفش بالرياض
نقل عفش
نقل اثاث
شركه تنظيف منازل بالرياض
تنظيف منازل
نظافه
شركه نظافه
شركه تنظيف بالرياض
شركه نظافه عامه بالرياض
مكافحه حشرات
رش مبيدات
رش مبيد
شركه رش مبيدات بالرياض
شركه مكافحه حشرات بالرياض
رش مبيدات حشريه
رش مبيدات حشريه بالرياض