Saturday, April 18, 2020

Tiger Trap - Tiger Trap

Note: reposted from my sideblog. Originally written October 2018.

This may have been the best-selling K Records release at one time, but I'll be damned if I could find a  physical copy until I moved to the PNW and started hitting every Value Village between Bellingham and the U District. And why did I want a copy so bad? Mainly because I'd only ever owned a third-generation cassette version, then a download off some long-defunct blog.

And who gives a shit if one owns a physical copy in 2018? I'm a bet hedger, and I love dead media. I get sweaty palmed when I see some out-of-print indie CD that came out when I was 16. It still sounds just as vital as it did when my girlfriend in 1993 passed me a C-60 with this and some Bikini Kill singles on it. The big difference is I'm not some dumbo in southwestern Virginia; I'm in the stomping ground of this amazing four-piece. Kids making music will never not be awesome to me.

Anyway, here's Tiger Trap's self-titled LP. Ripped from the K Records CD at 320kbps. Enjoy. I found this for $2.


No comments:

Read This One

Post #400: Double Dagger - Ragged Rubble

It took from May to August 2000 to go from 100 to 200 posts. Then I hit 300 posts two days before Christmas 2000. And now I'm here, anot...

People Liked These