Friday, June 26, 2020

New music from NØ MAN (ex-Majority Rule)

Maha Shami from NØ MAN
It's a toss up in my house which early-aughts NoVA post-hardcore band we like more: Pageninetynine or Majority Rule. While I've seen the former far more often, it is the latter whose records I revisit more. The 1-2-3 combo of "Interviews with David Frost", "Document #12", and "Emergency Numbers" are around 90 minutes of some my favorite music from that period; full of passion and power...exactly as I want music to be. It's hard to imagine they all came out within 24 months of each other. My enthusiasm has carried over to the regrouping of the Majority Rule trio, with Maha Shami now on vocals, as NØ MAN.

NØ MAN announced their second LP, "ERASE", earlier this morning. Due out this August, there's a limited edition of 100 preorder up live now on their Bandcamp. Released on their own Quit Life label, you can snag a copy on that lovely "smoke" color that always looks so good. If the preview track "DIVE" is any indication, expect some brutal, political hardcore along the lines of their earlier "CUT OUT" cassette from 2019, and influenced by Memphis-style crust and D-beat. Are you sold yet?

Click here to preorder.

No comments:

Read This One

Post #400: Double Dagger - Ragged Rubble

It took from May to August 2000 to go from 100 to 200 posts. Then I hit 300 posts two days before Christmas 2000. And now I'm here, anot...

People Liked These