Wednesday, September 8, 2021

The Makers - Tear Your World Apart

I'll admit that, despite always liking anything I heard by them, I was a bit rattled by the extensive catalog of Spokane's the Makers. I think we had a half dozens of their albums on CD behind the counter at Reptilian, and Mark Rigby (an expert in all things garage) never had an issue telling me which albums rocked and which ones sucked. But a band like the Makers, who put out full-lengths on an near-annual basis for a dozen years, and had another 16 singles to go along with those LPs...they always felt too prolific to tackle.

So a hearty "chin chin" to the dude (it's always a dude) who dropped this double 7" / CD off at the local Value Village so's I could snag it earlier this year. Six cuts worth of dirtbag rock n' roll? Check. Jaime Hernandez cover art? Check. Brought to you by the fine folks up I5 at Estrus? Check. It just makes me want to drink a couple tallboys and throw them at a band.



Click here to download.

No comments:

Read This One

Post #400: Double Dagger - Ragged Rubble

It took from May to August 2000 to go from 100 to 200 posts. Then I hit 300 posts two days before Christmas 2000. And now I'm here, anot...

People Liked These