This third release of Clancy Eccles'-produced reggae from Jamaican Gold is more historical curiosity for me than quality archival release. But you'll get boss sounds from Lord Creator and Third World, a few more Dynamites contributions, and Tyrone Taylor covering a Sly & The Family Stone classic, inna reggae style. And the liner notes are pretty damned fantastic. So ignore the graphic design that is better suited for a truck stop rack of greatest hits in the aughts, and give this one a spin. Satisfy your curiosity and scratch your reggae itch.
...the thing we do instead of the things we're supposed to do... Posts on Mondays & Thursdays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Read This One
Post #400: Double Dagger - Ragged Rubble
It took from May to August 2000 to go from 100 to 200 posts. Then I hit 300 posts two days before Christmas 2000. And now I'm here, anot...
People Liked These
-
I'm writing this blog about 35 minutes before it's scheduled to post. It's less than an hour to Labor Day, so I don't feel p...
-
This one's in honor of the record-slinging, mixtape-making hydra over at Jonkyblog, who are a daily visit for me, and have recently kick...
-
It seems like the great Blogger blogroll blackout of 2026 has yet to resolve itself. I haven't seen Primitive Offerings pop up in anyone...

No comments:
Post a Comment