Thursday, June 18, 2020

D'Compose from Tim Baron

I don't follow the world of low-run designer toys like I used to. It was an easier time to do so when it was my job. While I still own a few Sucklord pieces and a few customs that I bought several years ago, I just don't know who's doing what. Which I why I want to signal boost Tim Baron's new D'Compose figure.

Tim first came to my attention with his Shogun Fett figure for SkipBroToys a while back. That he was doing 1:18 scale art toys caught my interest; a melding of Shogun Warriors and Boba Fett snared my attention. Tim continues to release limited edition art toys with SkipBro, and has moved on to develop a lot of the figures for Super7's ReAction figure line, including the Agnostic Front and "They Live" Ghouls.
Tim just dropped a limited edition release from his Inhumanoids line. If memory serves, this is the fourth release in the series, and it - is - pretty - awesome. It's a gnarly looking figure, with a classic blister card, price tag and all. Tim's love of classic horror and Pusmort cover art really shines through on both the sculpt and the art. It's non-articulated, and at $65.00 it's not a mere toy. This is a designer toy, through and through. But I dig it, and if you have some money burning a hole in your pocket (and who doesn't?), go ahead and pick yourself up a super-limited piece for your wall.

Click here to purchase one. Tim also has a Redbubble store where a number of his 2D items are available, including a grip of facemasks that I just ordered for myself. Check it out now, before you have to go on eBay and pay top dollar.

No comments:

Read This One

Post #400: Double Dagger - Ragged Rubble

It took from May to August 2000 to go from 100 to 200 posts. Then I hit 300 posts two days before Christmas 2000. And now I'm here, anot...

People Liked These